Handouts and Links (General)
- Books/Editions for this course
- Tips on Quizzes
- Learning Outcomes (forthcoming)
- Terms and Concepts to Know (we will add to this page as the term unfolds)
- Digital Resources
- Reading Strategies … or, How to Read a Shakespeare Play (being built)
- Staging Assignment: 366C_StagingAssignment_2020
Handouts and Links from classes (by date)
- Facts and Study Questions: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Comedy_Analysis (2020-01-06; required reading)
- Antitheatrical Prejudice and Purpose of Playing Handout (2020-01-06; optional reading)
- Shakespeare’s Globe 360 iPhone/iPad app (2020-01-08; optional at-home activity)
- Amphitheatre Stage Picture (2020-01-08; you will need this handout again): Amphitheatre Stage Picture
- Performance Exercise on MND 3.1 (2020-01-09; in-class handout): MND Performance Exercise
- Required reading: Facts and Study Questions: Love’s Labour’s Lost
- Optional reading: a pre-show talk I gave on LLL in 2017
- Table of rhetorical terms with examples: LLL_RhetoricScavengerHunt_v2 (2020-01-22; in-class handout)
- Optional follow-up reading (after Wednesday, 2020-01-22): Wales, Katie: Wales, An A-Z of Rhetorical Terms (downloadable PDF).
- Slides from 2020-01-22: Rhetoric_ScavengerHunt (updated and corrected after class)
- Jan. 29 Visit from Cam Culham (actor who played Holofernes in Greater Victoria Shakespeare Festival 2017 production of Love’s Labour’s Lost). See production photos here.
Merry Wives (Wiv) Unit
- Links to digital resources:
- The First Folio. Brandeis University copy, with link directly to Wiv.
- Shakespeare Census: https://shakespearecensus.org/
- Database of Early English Playbooks: http://deep.sas.upenn.edu/.