COVID-19 Completion Plan
- PDF of our completion plan: ENGL366C_CompletionPlan (posted 2020-03-17).
- Click here for a webpage version of our completion plan.
- Download an Excel spreadsheet to help you crunch numbers and decide on your assessment Plan (A, B, or C): AssessmentPlan_Workbook (corrected 2020-03-23).
Handouts and Links (General)
- Books/Editions for this course
- Tips on Quizzes
- Learning Outcomes (being built; link added 2020-03-17).
- Terms and Concepts to Know (we will add to this page as the term unfolds)
- Digital Resources
- Reading Strategies … or, How to Read a Shakespeare Play (being built; link added 2020-03-17).
- Staging Assignment: 366C_StagingAssignment_2020
- Term Project: 2020_366C_TermProject
- Handout on how to analyze a character: Character Analysis Worksheet (added 2020-03-17).
Handouts and Links from classes (by date)
- Facts and Study Questions: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Comedy_Analysis (2020-01-06; required reading)
- Antitheatrical Prejudice and Purpose of Playing Handout (2020-01-06; optional reading)
- Shakespeare’s Globe 360 iPhone/iPad app (2020-01-08; optional at-home activity)
- Amphitheatre Stage Picture (2020-01-08; you will need this handout again): Amphitheatre Stage Picture
- Performance Exercise on MND 3.1 (2020-01-09; in-class handout): MND Performance Exercise
- Required reading: Facts and Study Questions: Love’s Labour’s Lost
- Optional reading: a pre-show talk I gave on LLL in 2017
- Table of rhetorical terms with examples: LLL_RhetoricScavengerHunt_v2 (2020-01-22; in-class handout)
- Optional follow-up reading (after Wednesday, 2020-01-22): Wales, Katie: Wales, An A-Z of Rhetorical Terms (downloadable PDF).
- Slides from 2020-01-22: Rhetoric_ScavengerHunt (updated and corrected after class)
- Jan. 29 Visit from Cam Culham (actor who played Holofernes in Greater Victoria Shakespeare Festival 2017 production of Love’s Labour’s Lost). See production photos here.
Merry Wives (Wiv) Unit
- Links to digital resources:
- The First Folio. Brandeis University copy, with link directly to Wiv.
- Shakespeare Census: https://shakespearecensus.org/
- Database of Early English Playbooks: http://deep.sas.upenn.edu/.
- Handout for the screening of the televised version of Trevor Nunn’s 1999 Merchant of Venice. MV_PerfIssues_Questionnaire_2020
- Handout on Jessica and Pronouns: Jessica and Pronouns
- Slides from MV Class 5 and Class 6: MV_Class5 (posted 2020-03-17)
- Facts and Study Questions for Measure for Measure
- Film screening of Bob Komar film, William Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure (2007). Production metadata at the Internet Shakespeare Editions.
- Press kit for Bob Komar film: Komar_MM_PressKit2007.
- Review of Bob Komar film by Andrea Stevens (Shakespeare Bulletin 27.2 : 261-65): ShakBulletin_Review_Komar_MM.
- MoEML essay on Constables (written by a past undergraduate Shakespeare student!): https://mapoflondon.uvic.ca/CONS1.htm
- CANCELLED: Mar. 18 Field Trip to Special Collections and University Archives